Interview w/Black Crowes Drummer ....Zevon Paragraphs!
lpfeffa
2010-08-29 23:45:09 UTC
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/08/steve_gorman_interview_black_crowes_warren_zevon_ringo_starr_tour_dates_setlist_2010.php

Not just a mention. And a video about recording Knockin' On
Heaven's Door.

Oh, damn. I've gotten weepy again. Poor Billy Bob looks
like he's about to burst into tears, too.

Thanks to Patrick for the link.
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2010-08-30 13:39:49 UTC
Post by lpfeffa
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/08/steve_gorman_interview_black_crowes_warren_zevon_ringo_starr_tour_dates_setlist_2010.php
Not just a mention. And a video about recording Knockin' On Heaven's Door.
Oh, damn. I've gotten weepy again. Poor Billy Bob looks like he's
about to burst into tears, too.
Thanks to Patrick for the link.
Thanks, Lucy.

I, like a few others of the older ng regulars, still check this site,
even tho' posts are few and far between. (Unlike that old Yahoo group-
where I find myself often paraphrasing Elvis Costello, "How come
everybody want to be my friend?" when a post turns up).

Two in as many days!

I resisted the website forums for a few years- I didn't like all the
bells and whistles (the avatars, the quotes, the embedded jpegs) of them
compared to the stripped down newsgroups. But I'm used to them now -
just as everybody's moving to Facebook and Twitter [whatever the !@#$
that is], I guess. I'm always a few steps behind.

I should visit the Zevon Forum more often, but I find the "subject"
alone of Warren can often get me real depressed these days...(I don't
think I've listened to THE WIND since a little after it first came
out...) or "weepy" as you put it.

Hey, that'd be a good internet pseudonym's "first name".
lpfeffa
2010-08-30 17:34:46 UTC
Hey, that'd be a good internet pseudonym's "first name".
I saw a "nom de net" the other day that I just loved: Helena
Handbasket.

I've been using "Major Bummer" lately.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2010-09-08 15:53:04 UTC
Post by lpfeffa
Hey, that'd be a good internet pseudonym's "first name".
I saw a "nom de net" the other day that I just loved: Helena
Handbasket.
I've been using "Major Bummer" lately.
-- Lucy
Hi guys. Just wanted to say hi and mention that I, one of the ng's
oldtime regulars, still "check in" occasionally here. And I still far
prefer usenet's text simplicity to the noisy, cluttered discussion
spaces on websites. I usually disable images when I read a website
discussion board to get rid of people's useless avatars and
space-sucking "signatures."

I'm grateful that some of the usenet groups that I like are still
flourishing ... a couple of Tolkien groups, and (believe it or not) a
Harry Potter usenet group.

As for Facebook, although I'm on it, I find it a chaotic mess (no
wonder young people, raised on half-second images on TV screens, are
so comfortable there!), and Twitter is still on my list of things to
look at eventually.

-Joanne

Post by lpfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<