Six Years
Lucy
2009-09-07 13:59:41 UTC
Has it been that long already?

I trust I'm not the only one still keeping WZ in her heart.

Let's all have a Diet Mountain Dew in honor of our missing Genius.

-- Lucy
Lucy
2009-09-07 16:37:52 UTC
Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization Press Release
This Labor Day, ADAO Reaffirms Need for Congress to Pass a Bill to Ban
Asbestos and Remembers the Legacy of Warren Zevon

View ADAO's 2 minute "Asbestos Kills" slideshow, featuring Warren
Zevon's Grammy winning song, "Keep Me in Your Heart". http://adao.corefusion.net/

September 7, 2009... Redondo Beach, CA --- The Asbestos Disease
Awareness Organization (ADAO) today reaffirmed the need for an
asbestos ban this Labor Day, as America honors the workforce that
continues to power the nation, even in the wake of the economic
downturn. In addition, ADAO remembers the legacy of Warren Zevon, who
passed away from the asbestos cancer, mesotheolioma, six years ago.
Zevon's son, Jordan Zevon, serves as the official ADAO spokesperson.

"This Labor Day, we cannot help but be reminded that countless workers
continue to be unknowingly exposed to the deadly asbestos mineral in
their daily jobs," stated Linda Reinstein, ADAO Executive Director.
"We remain optimistic that Congress will pass ban asbestos legislation
combining the strongest language of S. 742 and H.R. 6903 and President
Obama will immediately sign the bill into law. It is time to end the
tragedy of asbestos for workers and others who are unknowingly
exposed. Warren Zevon's loss is a tragic reminder that anyone can
become an asbestos victim and without a full ban, we may never fully
remove the threat of this carcinogen. We are immensely thankful for
Jordan's continued commitment to help spread the word about the
importance of this bill, and we are so grateful he is part of our ADAO
family."

"Six years later and it feels like my father's killer, asbestos, which
happens to be a mass murderer is still walking the streets," stated
Jordan Zevon, ADAO Spokesperson. "We pride ourselves on justice for
all, but there's no justice until the asbestos ban becomes a reality.
And the body count will continue to rise."

###

Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) was founded by asbestos
victims and their families in 2004. ADAO seeks to give asbestos
victims and concerned citizens a united voice to help ensure that
their rights are fairly represented and protected, while raising
public awareness about the dangers of asbestos exposure and often
deadly asbestos related diseases. ADAO is an independent volunteer
organization. For more information visit www.adao.us.

Media Contact:
Doug Larkin
Director of Communications
Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO)
Phone: (202) 391-1546
***@asbestosdiseaseawareness.org" onclick="window.open
(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Joanne Corsano
2009-09-07 23:25:28 UTC
Post by Lucy
Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization Press Release
This Labor Day, ADAO Reaffirms Need for Congress to Pass a Bill to Ban
Asbestos and Remembers the Legacy of Warren Zevon
<snip>

Thank you for posting this.

Joanne

Post by Lucy