Keith Richards WZ anecdote
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2010-10-31 11:35:30 UTC
Small mention of Warren in the recent Terry Gross' Fresh Air interview
with Keith Richards
Full transcript here
http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=130722581

Show
http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13&prgDate=10-25-2010

_____________

GROSS: In describing your approach to songwriting, you talk about vowel
movements - that's vowel with a V, as in A-E-I-O-U.

Mr. RICHARDS: That was with Warren Zevon. That's was, yes, my
conversation with Warren.

GROSS: And explain what a vowel movement is.

Mr. RICHARDS: Well, a vowel - you know what vowels are, right?

GROSS: Yes.

Mr. RICHARDS: I mean, there's the ooh's and the ee's and the ahs and the
ahh, you know, without the consonants. And it's where they come
sometimes in a record that will either make or break a record. It was
about choosing the right sound at the right time to put the right ooh or
ahh and whether a word should contain that vowel or not.

Warren Zevon said to me, said, damn it, he says my problem is consonants.

(Soundbite of laughter)
lpfeffa

(Soundbite of laughter)
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2010-10-31 13:39:14 UTC
Post by lpfeffa
Thanks for posting this!
-- Lucy
Well, it's the 31st of October, so the ng needed at least one post this
month, so the timing worked out well, didn't it?
(Soundbite of laughter)
lpfeffa
2010-10-31 13:59:49 UTC
Post by j***@LYC0S.C0M
Post by lpfeffa
Thanks for posting this!
-- Lucy
Well, it's the 31st of October, so the ng needed at least
one post this month, so the timing worked out well, didn't it?
...which makes yesterday the 8th anniversary of WZ's last
Letterman show. Time must fly whether you're having fun or not.
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2010-10-31 14:55:03 UTC
Post by j***@LYC0S.C0M
Post by lpfeffa
Thanks for posting this!
-- Lucy
Well, it's the 31st of October, so the ng needed at least
one post this month, so the timing worked out well, didn't it?
...which makes yesterday the 8th anniversary of WZ's last Letterman show
Damn. That long, huh?
Time must fly whether you're having fun or not.
Yes, I can attest to that, too.