George Gruel has a book out...
lpfeffa
2012-04-27 01:51:56 UTC
Thirty years in the making. Well, not really, I've just
held on to a truck load of WZ stuff. The book is being
release April 27th. For a little more info see
biggorillabooks.com

Much has been written about the darker side of Warren’s
life, but in my experience, the good far outweighed the bad.
Many people, myself included, shared amazing and wonderful
times with him, and this book celebrates not only those
times, but the man Warren could be when his demons were not
writing the script of his days. His humor and biting wit
are, of course, legendary and a splendid thing to share
firsthand. While his bad days and manic escapades may have
intrigued and fascinated some people, and they certainly
made for salacious copy, the real story of Warren Zevon is a
far more complex, compelling and interesting tale to me—and
I hope to you.

After seeing a pre-release copy of this one-of-a-kind book,
Anita Gevinson wrote this: "This is great! I think what I
love about it the most is how it shows Warren’s effect on
people. Granted, those people were mostly nuts, but that’s
what I love about it . . . and again, these are the stories
the real fans, and the nut jobs, will both love!" and this
one too, “This is fabulous, thanks so much for putting this
together. I’m gonna be looking at this a lot”. - David Landau <<

You can order it now at biggorillabooks.com; he ships it
USPS Priority - none of that Media Mail slow-boat-to-China
stuff.

-- Lucy
i***@optusnet.com.au

-- Lucy
lpfeffa
-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2012-07-06 17:08:15 UTC
Post by lpfeffa
Thirty years in the making. Well, not really, I've just
held on to a truck load of WZ stuff. The book is being
release April 27th. For a little more info see
biggorillabooks.com
This was originally posted here by Lucy in April, which shows how long
it's been since I've looked at a.m.z. (Apparently I haven't looked at
the Zevon bulletin board since then either.) I went ahead and ordered
the book despite its cost, since it seems like the kind of thing I
like to have. Any comments on it from the folks here (if there are any
folks here)?

- Joanne

Post by lpfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
lpfeffa
2012-07-07 04:48:27 UTC
Post by Joanne Corsano
Post by lpfeffa
Thirty years in the making. Well, not really, I've just
held on to a truck load of WZ stuff. The book is being
release April 27th. For a little more info see
biggorillabooks.com
This was originally posted here by Lucy in April, which shows how long
it's been since I've looked at a.m.z. (Apparently I haven't looked at
the Zevon bulletin board since then either.) I went ahead and ordered
the book despite its cost, since it seems like the kind of thing I
like to have. Any comments on it from the folks here (if there are any
folks here)?
- Joanne
Post by lpfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
It's a lot sweeter than Crystal's book. It's obvious George
still cares about WZ. And I was able to add a lot more
dates to the tour list - just by looking at the stickers on
George's luggage. LOL.