Warren tribute on Dave
Maybe
2008-08-25 02:05:57 UTC
Is this thing on? Are you guys still here? I just wanted to let you
know about an upcoming Late Show with Dave:

Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon

Maybe...so set the recording devices!
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-08-25 04:02:05 UTC
Post by Maybe
Is this thing on? Are you guys still here? I just wanted to let you
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon
Maybe...so set the recording devices!
Thanks, Maybe.

Some of us are still lurking.

-- Lucy
Maybe
2008-08-25 07:50:43 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Is this thing on? �Are you guys still here? �I just wanted to let you
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon
Maybe...so set the recording devices!
Thanks, Maybe.
Some of us are still lurking.
I do check this newsgroup every once in a while and sometimes there
are new messages.

Maybe...but not very often!
Red Kangaroo
2008-08-25 23:43:26 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Is this thing on? �Are you guys still here? �I just wanted to let you
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon
Thanks, Maybe.
Some of us are still lurking.
Indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah
Faye
2008-09-01 18:34:49 UTC
Thanks for the information.
John
2008-09-07 13:34:56 UTC
Post by Maybe
Is this thing on? Are you guys still here? I just wanted to let you
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon
Maybe...so set the recording devices!
I watched this. It was a nice gesture, but I found the performance
disappointing. What did the rest of you think of it?

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-09-07 13:44:40 UTC
Post by John
Post by Maybe
Is this thing on? Are you guys still here? I just wanted to let you
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute to Warren
Zevon
Maybe...so set the recording devices!
I watched this. It was a nice gesture, but I found the performance
disappointing. What did the rest of you think of it?
John
I agree - nice gesture, but...he's no Warren Zevon, that's for sure.

I thought it was even missing something from the EES version he did.
<shrug>

BUT...at least, he did it, keeping the music alive. I think that counts
more than the execution.

-- Lucy
Greg Evans
2008-09-07 16:17:56 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Post by John
Post by Maybe
Is this thing on? Are you guys still here? I just wanted
Fr 9/5: John Malkovich, Steve Earle performs in a tribute
to Warren Zevon
Maybe...so set the recording devices!
I watched this. It was a nice gesture, but I found the
performance disappointing. What did the rest of you think of
it?
John
I agree - nice gesture, but...he's no Warren Zevon, that's for
sure.
I thought it was even missing something from the EES version
he did. <shrug>
BUT...at least, he did it, keeping the music alive. I think
that counts more than the execution.
I really enjoyed it. BUT... I'm a big Steve Earle fan. As a
matter of fact, I'd have to say that he's inherited the mantle
of my favorite living singer-songwriter. Seriously, I'd say tunes
like "Tom Ames' Prayer" are about as good as it gets and even a
bit, dare I say, Zevonesque.

It would be cool if Steve became a "go to" musical guest on the
Late Show, now that he's living in New York.

Greg
Dan
2008-09-08 22:55:28 UTC
Post by Greg Evans
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Post by John
Post by Maybe
[...]
I was a big Earle fan early on, but not any more.

Dan
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-09-07 17:13:25 UTC
Five years today, which was also a Sunday.

Here's a nice video from one of the Scots Bulletin Board Zevoneers
(amazing number of folks from Scotland on the WZBB)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42273662

-- Lucy
Iain