Learning to Flinch
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2008-11-06 13:19:02 UTC
In the discussion about the new, expanded "Warren Zevon" re-issue
scheduled for this month, some of you may have missed that Learning to
Flinch, with a discount price ($5.99) no less, is also scheduled for
re-issue the same day. One of my favorite WZ albums - containing one of
favorite WZ songs, "Worrier King".

http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Flinch-Warren-Zevon/dp/B001HADDZG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1225977026&sr=1-2
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-11-06 18:14:32 UTC
Post by j***@LYC0S.C0M
In the discussion about the new, expanded "Warren Zevon" re-issue
scheduled for this month, some of you may have missed that Learning to
Flinch, with a discount price ($5.99) no less, is also scheduled for
re-issue the same day. One of my favorite WZ albums - containing one of
favorite WZ songs, "Worrier King".
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Flinch-Warren-Zevon/dp/B001HADDZG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1225977026&sr=1-2
Well, darn. Ya think Rhino would let us know about THAT one, too.

THANKS for the find. It's already been added to the WZBB!

-- Lucy
Flip Wilson

Woohoo! Can't wait!
kape
2008-11-08 17:39:05 UTC
Is "Learning to Flinch" remastered or anything? Or had it been out
of print?
I think my copy must be from a collector's edition; it has a suede
jewel case with a raised Old Velvet Nose on it.
KenP
Woohoo! Can't wait!
Flip Wilson
2008-11-08 20:27:48 UTC
Is "Learning to Flinch" remastered or anything? Or had it been out of
print?
I think my copy must be from a collector's edition; it has a suede
jewel case with a raised Old Velvet Nose on it. KenP
I think it's more like what they did for MBE. They just make more of
existing copies. Nothing new. No remasters or extra tracks. Keep the
costs and the costs low. Don't bust your butt promoting it. The ones who
really care about it will find out on their own. I guess it makes sense
for a release like this. And $6 is just plain awesome.
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-11-08 20:51:23 UTC
Post by Flip Wilson
Is "Learning to Flinch" remastered or anything? Or had it been out of
print?
I think my copy must be from a collector's edition; it has a suede
jewel case with a raised Old Velvet Nose on it. KenP
I think it's more like what they did for MBE. They just make more of
existing copies. Nothing new. No remasters or extra tracks. Keep the
costs and the costs low. Don't bust your butt promoting it. The ones who
really care about it will find out on their own. I guess it makes sense
for a release like this. And $6 is just plain awesome.
Except for the fact that MBE was out of print and LTF isn't...yeah, it
seems to be the same type of deal.

LTF was the first Zevon disc I ever bought.

-- Lucy
kape
2008-11-09 00:03:11 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
LTF was the first Zevon disc I ever bought.
  -- Lucy
It's a great place to start. I really like LTF.
I came in at "Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School" and just loved it.

~KenP
Dan
2008-11-09 14:14:03 UTC
Post by Flip Wilson
Is "Learning to Flinch" remastered or anything? Or had it been out of
print?
I think my copy must be from a collector's edition; it has a suede
jewel case with a raised Old Velvet Nose on it. KenP
I think it's more like what they did for MBE. They just make more of
existing copies. Nothing new. No remasters or extra tracks. Keep the
costs and the costs low. Don't bust your butt promoting it. The ones who
really care about it will find out on their own. I guess it makes sense
for a release like this. And $6 is just plain awesome.
There is really no need to re-master mid-90's recordings. 80's
recordings are another matter as the technology was green.

Dan