Found this online
Phantom Engineer
2008-06-19 06:49:51 UTC
Found this online (Wolfgang's Vault).

This mostly sums up why I love his music.

I'm not sure who wrote it but I had to share:

"Despite the dark and cynical underpinnings to Zevon's songwriting, this is
not depressing music. Herein lies the secret to his uniqueness as a
songwriter. Despite lyrics that are often downright disturbing, Zevon's
music is often joyfully sunny. His cynicism has such a sweet candy-coating
that it remains irresistible. Zevon wallows in the abyss of his own
character flaws, using music to legitimize and eradicate them. Unlike
countless other songwriters who pursue this path, Zevon's songs remain
upbeat and pleasant to listen to, investigating the dark side looking for
light, and bringing truth to his songs in the process. Zevon was
unquestionably a true original that found hopeless escape in his music."

" There's a train leaving nightly called when all is said and done."
Peter Huish
2008-06-19 13:29:38 UTC
Nice spot ...