David Letterman
Clifford T. Newsome
2009-02-06 01:27:52 UTC
Anyone notice the guy playing with Steve Martin the other night who told
Dave at the end of the number that he used to play with Warren Zevon? It was
a little muffled, but I think that's what he said.
Lucy Pfeffa
2009-02-06 01:58:34 UTC
Post by Clifford T. Newsome
Anyone notice the guy playing with Steve Martin the other night who told
Dave at the end of the number that he used to play with Warren Zevon? It
was a little muffled, but I think that's what he said.
Yes! That was Matt Cartsonis, who toured with WZ on the Trigger Happy
tour in 2001 and was with him on those two Canadian gigs pre-diagnosis.

Looked like he had WZ on his t-shirt, too.

BTW, if any of you care, the WZBB sort of died right before
Thanksgiving, but it's about to come back. We lost a whole bunch of
stuff from the dead BB, so any of you who thought it was too
overwhelming to wade through, we're starting afresh. ;-) Come play
with us.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2009-02-06 19:40:11 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
BTW, if any of you care, the WZBB sort of died right before
Thanksgiving, but it's about to come back. We lost a whole bunch of
stuff from the dead BB, so any of you who thought it was too
overwhelming to wade through, we're starting afresh. ;-) Come play
with us.
-- Lucy
Thanks for the invitation, Lucy. I might just check it out.

Joanne

Post by Lucy Pfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Dan
2009-02-07 07:48:31 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Post by Clifford T. Newsome
Anyone notice the guy playing with Steve Martin the other night who
told Dave at the end of the number that he used to play with Warren
Zevon? It was a little muffled, but I think that's what he said.
Yes! That was Matt Cartsonis, who toured with WZ on the Trigger Happy
tour in 2001 and was with him on those two Canadian gigs pre-diagnosis.
Looked like he had WZ on his t-shirt, too.
BTW, if any of you care, the WZBB sort of died right before
Thanksgiving, but it's about to come back. We lost a whole bunch of
stuff from the dead BB, so any of you who thought it was too
overwhelming to wade through, we're starting afresh. ;-) Come play
with us.
-- Lucy
Sorry but BB are to much of a hassle. I will just check this newsgroup
occasionally for the ghost of WZ.
Dan
And the BB is down.
Lucy Pfeffa
2009-02-09 02:18:55 UTC
Post by Dan
Post by Dan
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Post by Clifford T. Newsome
Anyone notice the guy playing with Steve Martin the other night who
told Dave at the end of the number that he used to play with Warren
Zevon? It was a little muffled, but I think that's what he said.
Yes! That was Matt Cartsonis, who toured with WZ on the Trigger
Happy tour in 2001 and was with him on those two Canadian gigs
pre-diagnosis.
Looked like he had WZ on his t-shirt, too.
BTW, if any of you care, the WZBB sort of died right before
Thanksgiving, but it's about to come back. We lost a whole bunch of
stuff from the dead BB, so any of you who thought it was too
overwhelming to wade through, we're starting afresh. ;-) Come play
with us.
-- Lucy
Sorry but BB are to much of a hassle. I will just check this
newsgroup occasionally for the ghost of WZ.
And the BB is down.
Well, I did say "it's *about* to come back."

...just waiting for JZ to take it live.
j***@LYC0S.C0M
2009-02-10 02:32:48 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Post by Dan
Post by Dan
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
BTW, if any of you care, the WZBB sort of died right before
Thanksgiving, but it's about to come back. We lost a whole bunch of
stuff from the dead BB, so any of you who thought it was too
overwhelming to wade through, we're starting afresh. ;-) Come play
with us.
-- Lucy
Sorry but BB are to much of a hassle. I will just check this
newsgroup occasionally for the ghost of WZ.
And the BB is down.
Well, I did say "it's *about* to come back."
Well, then, why don't all you guys come over here? <g>

We could take the sheets off the furniture, dust off tables and set out
some folding chairs.

Or we could all meet on the neutral ground of the old Transverse City
Yahoo group- where there seems to be left only people who want to be our
"friends".
Lucy Pfeffa
2009-02-10 04:17:09 UTC
Post by j***@LYC0S.C0M
Well, then, why don't all you guys come over here? <g>
We could take the sheets off the furniture, dust off tables and set out
some folding chairs.
Or we could all meet on the neutral ground of the old Transverse City
Yahoo group- where there seems to be left only people who want to be our
"friends".
Not everyone has access to Newsgroups. I've found that using Google
groups is just way too unwieldy. It's one of the reasons I decided to
stick with BellSouth/ATT instead of going with Comcast. Newsgroups, and
the fact that my DSL rarely has a problem and it seems Comcast is down
at least once a week where I work. ;-)

I don't even remember my user ID for Transverse City/Yahoo anymore.
Yahoo tells me I need to contact ATT (my ISP) to find out what my
password is. WTF?

Meanwhile, the WZBB folks are hanging out at Jordan's BB.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2009-02-10 22:41:13 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
Not everyone has access to Newsgroups. I've found that using Google
groups is just way too unwieldy.
Agree, and it's a shame. I remember when AOL (AOL!) provided access to
usenet. That was a long time ago.

I think the fact that usenet is relatively inaccessible these days
adds to its panache. There's a lot of people out there who don't even
know we're here.
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
I don't even remember my user ID for Transverse City/Yahoo anymore.
Yahoo tells me I need to contact ATT (my ISP) to find out what my
password is. WTF?
Meanwhile, the WZBB folks are hanging out at Jordan's BB.
-- Lucy
We could start a new Yahoo group. It's easy enough to do. But then
we'd be stuck with Yahoo's maddeningly unwieldy navigation.

Nah ... I'm just going to stay here, even if the place is a ghost
town. It has everything I want (text) and nothing I don't want.

Joanne

Post by Lucy Pfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Dan
2009-02-13 02:25:43 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
I don't even remember my user ID for Transverse City/Yahoo anymore.
Yahoo tells me I need to contact ATT (my ISP) to find out what my
password is. WTF?
Meanwhile, the WZBB folks are hanging out at Jordan's BB.
-- Lucy
We could start a new Yahoo group. It's easy enough to do. But then
we'd be stuck with Yahoo's maddeningly unwieldy navigation.
Nah ... I'm just going to stay here, even if the place is a ghost
town. It has everything I want (text) and nothing I don't want.
Joanne
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
news.individual.net is what I use now since Road Runner stopped
supporting newsgroups. Only about 10 EUR (~ $12-13 USA) per year. Very
reliable (much better than Road Runner's old news servers). Based in
Germany.
Dan
2009-02-13 02:27:30 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
I don't even remember my user ID for Transverse City/Yahoo anymore.
Yahoo tells me I need to contact ATT (my ISP) to find out what my
password is. WTF?
Meanwhile, the WZBB folks are hanging out at Jordan's BB.
-- Lucy
We could start a new Yahoo group. It's easy enough to do. But then
we'd be stuck with Yahoo's maddeningly unwieldy navigation.
That is why a I hate Web Forums. They are slow, distracting, etc. I
just like text that is easy to read and to the point. And no forum to
register on.
Joanne Corsano
2009-02-18 02:15:53 UTC
Post by Dan
That is why a I hate Web Forums. They are slow, distracting, etc. I
just like text that is easy to read and to the point. And no forum to
register on.
I hate blinking, jumping, moving smilies. And I hate HUGE pictures
that people use as part of their signature (especially when they
move). There are some internet based message boards I habitually read
(because I'm interested in the content), and I disable images in my
browser before I go onto them to suppress those distractions.

Call me a text snob.

Joanne

Post by Dan
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Flip Wilson
2009-03-04 03:12:49 UTC
Post by Dan
That is why a I hate Web Forums. They are slow, distracting, etc. I
just like text that is easy to read and to the point. And no forum to
register on.
Plus there's no one on a power trip deleting Usenet posts just because
they disagree or are offended, unlike Web Forums.

Peter Huish
2009-02-15 04:46:26 UTC
Post by Joanne Corsano
and nothing I don't want.
Very good point ...

Have we already had more posts this year than last year?

pete
Maybe
2009-02-15 10:00:55 UTC
Post by Peter Huish
Post by Joanne Corsano
and nothing I don't want.
Very good point ...
Have we already had more posts this year than last year?
Nope, not yet. According to the Google stats, there were 192 posts in
2008 and so far in 2009 there are 20 posts.

Maybe...and with this one it is 21 posts!
Lucy Pfeffa
2009-02-15 14:17:40 UTC
Post by Maybe
Post by Peter Huish
Post by Joanne Corsano
and nothing I don't want.
Very good point ...
Have we already had more posts this year than last year?
Nope, not yet. According to the Google stats, there were 192 posts in
2008 and so far in 2009 there are 20 posts.
Maybe...and with this one it is 21 posts!
Here's another one, and it's Zevon-related!

http://www.carrollconews.com/blogs/1250/entry/24838/

Excellent mention in the context of "What Do You Want Your Kids To Know?"

-- Lucy