Long time no see
Iain
2007-12-28 21:24:44 UTC
Hi, Lucy, Hope you and all vintage Zevon hands are well, hi to newer
people. Finally managed to work out ngs on Thunderbird after far too long!

Still listening, still got the OVN tat!

All the best

Iain
Lucy Pfeffa
2007-12-28 23:28:59 UTC
Post by Iain
Hi, Lucy, Hope you and all vintage Zevon hands are well, hi to newer
people. Finally managed to work out ngs on Thunderbird after far too long!
Still listening, still got the OVN tat!
All the best
Iain
YAYYY!!! Glad to hear from you, Iain. I was wondering where you'd
gotten to...

-- Lucy
Iain
2008-01-03 13:59:36 UTC
Nice to hear from you Lucy - Happy New Year!
What's the gossip, then? Anything happening?

All the best

Iain

(got THE book for Xmas - hadn't read it before, just finishing it. Ooer,
still, see you got another namecheck!)
-- Lucy
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-01-03 18:38:40 UTC
Post by Iain
Nice to hear from you Lucy - Happy New Year!
What's the gossip, then? Anything happening?
All the best
Iain
Supposedly, sometime in early 08, Jordan's full-length CD will be coming
out on New West Records and he's also working on a re-issue/re-master of
the eponymous album (with bonus tracks, of course).

http://jordanzevon.com/calendar/index.htm

There's more info on JZ's page than on WZ's. :-(

There's a TV show in the US called "October Road" and a few weeks ago,
they featured JZ's version of "Studebaker" at the end of the episode.
It was an extended sequence, and it even had an actual Studebaker
breaking down. Those folks working on that show GET it!

-- Lucy
Iain
2008-01-04 17:15:10 UTC
Thanks, Lucy! Nice to see some acivity! I've been listening to an Aussie
called Mick Thomas a lot - used to play with a band called Weddings
Parties Anything. Big Zevon fan - hung out with Warren when he was in
Oz, I think. Wonder what you make of him?

Early video:

More recent

Cheers

Iain
-- Lucy
Peter Huish
2008-01-04 20:51:31 UTC
Post by Iain
Thanks, Lucy! Nice to see some acivity! I've been listening to an Aussie
called Mick Thomas a lot - used to play with a band called Weddings
Parties Anything.
Are you aware of the Liberation Blue recordings that are around these
days. A series of 'acoustic' recordings by folks like Mick Thomas,
james Reyne, Mark Seymour, the Church, Jim Keays, Russel Morris ...

Wonderful revists to there canon with interesting results

www.acousticseries.com.au

pete
Doug
2008-01-19 06:53:34 UTC
Hello Lucy
Good to see a few old hands still here, my apologies for absenteeism.
Moved to New Mexico, no more Texas, for now anyway.

I was in touch w/ Crystal for a bit, but kind of dropped out. Frankly, I
have not read the book, just didn't have the stomach for it, after HST and
all. Guess I'll get around to it, make sure its in the local library!

Doug
Doug
2008-01-19 06:55:36 UTC
test, Doug, test
Dave B
2008-01-19 12:55:29 UTC
Actually, the book, depressing as it is in places, is a pretty essential,
gripping read, well worth the money.

Lucy Pfeffa
2008-01-19 14:02:46 UTC
Post by Dave B
Actually, the book, depressing as it is in places, is a pretty essential,
gripping read, well worth the money.
I've had a problem with "all the awful, ugly parts" - I saw too little
of the good parts. It made me wonder WTF was so special about WZ that
so many people put up with so much abuse/bad behavior and still loved him.

Then I bought the Steve Goodman bio. 768 pages of how sweet, wonderful,
lovable, great & fantastic Steve was. I adore Steve, but, holy cow,
couldn't the biographer find *anybody* who'd say the least little bit of
negative stuff? Nobody could be *that* perfect.

Fans should never write the biographies.

I'm not sure ex-wives should, either...somewhere between the two must be
the happy medium. But still, CZ's book was a better read than the
Goodman thing.

Welcome back, Doug. And anybody else who's lurking...

-- Lucy
Iain
2008-01-21 21:56:05 UTC
Hi, I also had problems with the book, in the sense that I couldn't
reconcile my preconceptions with the expose, but, what the hey - I like
Springsteen and I really don't care about his private life. I like
Laughin' Len, but I'd better avoid his private life. Don't know a lot
about Mozart, Beethoven and Purcell, but their exes didn't write books.

Let the music speak.

Happy Uncle WaRREN'S bIRTHDAY, EVERYONE.
-- Lucy
Chuck Yamarone
2008-01-22 05:32:41 UTC
JANUARY 24---PEACE.