Layin' Low In L'Ermitage, Of Course
Barb Dwier
2010-08-28 23:25:05 UTC
Where are all the Zevon fans? The room is empty! I value his music. He
may not have had the best voice (many of the greats don't: Townes Van
Zandt, Jonathan Richman), but the lyrics couldn't have been beat. He let
me know it was okay to desire a quiet, normal life spent in splendid
isolation.
lpfeffa
2010-08-29 02:28:25 UTC
Post by Barb Dwier
Where are all the Zevon fans? The room is empty! I value his music. He
may not have had the best voice (many of the greats don't: Townes Van
Zandt, Jonathan Richman), but the lyrics couldn't have been beat. He let
me know it was okay to desire a quiet, normal life spent in splendid
isolation.
I think folks check in every now and then.

A lot of ISPs, however, have rescinded access to Usenet so
we have to get here via a newsreader or google groups. I
get here via Eternal September, a free newsreader, since
ATT/Bellsouth cut out Usenet access. asshats.

-- Lucy
Barb Dwier
2010-08-29 21:08:37 UTC
Is there another Zevon room that people frequent?
lpfeffa
2010-08-29 23:26:12 UTC
Post by Barb Dwier
Is there another Zevon room that people frequent?
There's the bulletin board @ warrenzevon.com. I think Lisa
is still running the myspace page, but I quit myspace, so
I'm not sure.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2010-09-08 15:55:11 UTC
Post by Barb Dwier
I value his music. He
may not have had the best voice (many of the greats don't: Townes Van
Zandt, Jonathan Richman), but the lyrics couldn't have been beat.
I strongly disagree about Warren's voice. I think he had a *great*
voice. That deep, gravelly but at the same time richly melodic sound
of Warren's voice ... one of the greatest rock 'n' voices of all time.

-Joanne

Post by Barb Dwier
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<