New Book
jrroland
2011-11-19 18:56:08 UTC
Just picked up Everything is an Afterthought - The Life and Writings
of Paul Nelson.

Good read so far and plenty of Zevon mentions throughout. Even a
couple of pages devoted to AMZ and quotes/posts from 3 contributors to
the group.

As well as a biography of Nelson you get a good sampling of his
writing. Included is the uncut version of the March 81 cover story on
Zevon as well as another shorter piece from the Village Voice right
after the release of the blue album in June 1976.

I would recommend it to all; and also a tip of the cap to Kevin Avery
who put it together and wrote the biography portion.

Jim
Chuck Finley

Jim
lpfeffa
2011-11-29 18:26:48 UTC
There's this one, too:
Conversations with Clint: Paul Nelson's Lost Interviews with
Clint Eastwood, 1979-1983 by Kevin Avery

Avery says there are some Zevon stories in that one, as well.

-- Lucy