Kid rock's All Summer Long
Dan
2008-07-08 04:46:20 UTC
rips of WWOL chords and rhythm!

Dan
2008-07-08 04:51:29 UTC
Post by Dan
rips of WWOL chords and rhythm!
http://youtu.be/uwIGZLjugKA
Apparently, he got the OK from Jordan Zevon:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20058032_2,00.html

"It's amazing how far it's come. I remember doing my first record in
1989, and writing a letter to Jim Croce's widow because I had used some
of his lyrics as a scratch in a song called ''The Genuine Article.''
They were like, ''No, we won't let you use it,'' because nobody
understood it — they were all ignorant. And now, to have Warren Zevon's
son say ''we love it'' and have the guys who control the Lynyrd Skynyrd
estate say ''we love it'' — it's great how far everything's come.
Because everyone said, ''God, it's going to be a licensing nightmare,''
and it really worked out fine. Things have changed so much in the almost
20 years."
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-07-08 13:19:57 UTC
Post by Dan
Post by Dan
rips of WWOL chords and rhythm!
http://youtu.be/uwIGZLjugKA
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20058032_2,00.html
"It's amazing how far it's come. I remember doing my first record in
1989, and writing a letter to Jim Croce's widow because I had used some
of his lyrics as a scratch in a song called ''The Genuine Article.''
They were like, ''No, we won't let you use it,'' because nobody
understood it — they were all ignorant. And now, to have Warren Zevon's
son say ''we love it'' and have the guys who control the Lynyrd Skynyrd
estate say ''we love it'' — it's great how far everything's come.
Because everyone said, ''God, it's going to be a licensing nightmare,''
and it really worked out fine. Things have changed so much in the almost
20 years."
KR's given full writing credit to everybody involved, too, so there ARE
royalties for everybody. And if it brings more people to WZ, it can't
be a bad thing.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2008-07-08 21:59:06 UTC
It's really a ripoff of two WZ songs, not just "Werewolves" but "Play
It All Night Long" ... playing it all summer (instead of all night)
long.

It's curious that this kind of thing is so common nowadays (cf. Jill
Sobule's "Cinnamon Park") when it used to be you'd get slapped with a
lawsuit if your song even remotely sounded like somebody else's.
Remember when George Harrison got sued because "My Sweet Lord"
supposedly sounded like, what was it now, some tune by an early '60s
girl group? ("He's So Fine" maybe?)

-Joanne

at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Dan
2008-07-09 02:27:11 UTC
Post by Joanne Corsano
It's really a ripoff of two WZ songs, not just "Werewolves" but "Play
It All Night Long" ... playing it all summer (instead of all night)
long.
It's curious that this kind of thing is so common nowadays (cf. Jill
Sobule's "Cinnamon Park") when it used to be you'd get slapped with a
lawsuit if your song even remotely sounded like somebody else's.
Remember when George Harrison got sued because "My Sweet Lord"
supposedly sounded like, what was it now, some tune by an early '60s
girl group? ("He's So Fine" maybe?)
-Joanne
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Ms. Lambert (phony country) ripped off Steve Earle's 'Feel Alright' note
for note for 'Kerosene'. Later he got writing credit.