WZ's Last Full Band Shows?
Muck
2004-04-13 16:10:08 UTC
For the aficionados . . .

When were these shows?
What are the best/recommended "field recordings" from this tour/era?

Thanks,
JB
Peter Huish
2004-04-14 08:19:42 UTC
Post by Muck
When were these shows?
What are the best/recommended "field recordings" from this tour/era?
These shows were:

Trigger Happy Tour

07/18/2001 San Diego, CA - 4th & B
07/20/2001 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
07/21/2001 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theater
07/22/2001 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
07/24/2001 Petaluma, CA - Mystic Theater
07/26/2001 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
07/27/2001 Portland, OR - Aladdin Theater
07/28/2001 Seattle, WA - King Cat Theater
07/29/2001 Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom (with David Lindley)
07/31/2001 Boise, ID - The Big Easy
08/02/2001 Sand Point, ID - Memorial Field
08/04/2001 Double Diamond, Aspen CO
08/05/2001 Boulder, CO - Fox Theater
08/06/2001 Barclay's West, Frisco CO

Recordings for many of these shows exist. The best one that I have
heard is the Seattle one although acceptable recordings also exist for
the Petaluma show and also San Francisco.

pete
Howard Roseman
2004-04-14 17:19:15 UTC
Post by Peter Huish
Post by Muck
When were these shows?
What are the best/recommended "field recordings" from this tour/era?
Trigger Happy Tour
07/18/2001 San Diego, CA - 4th & B
07/20/2001 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
07/21/2001 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theater
07/22/2001 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
07/24/2001 Petaluma, CA - Mystic Theater
07/26/2001 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
07/27/2001 Portland, OR - Aladdin Theater
07/28/2001 Seattle, WA - King Cat Theater
07/29/2001 Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom (with David Lindley)
07/31/2001 Boise, ID - The Big Easy
08/02/2001 Sand Point, ID - Memorial Field
08/04/2001 Double Diamond, Aspen CO
08/05/2001 Boulder, CO - Fox Theater
08/06/2001 Barclay's West, Frisco CO
I was at two of those (Vegas and Vancouver) and Warren and his cohorts were
great, everything you could hope for. I particularly recall Matt Cartsonis
playing yin to Warren's yang (or vice versa, I always mix those two up).
SnakeACP45
2004-04-14 20:22:17 UTC
I think if you want to get technical about it, Warren's last full band show was
Oct 30, 2002. He was backed up by the CBS Orchestra, Paul Shaffer conducting,
and a string section.
Howard Roseman
2004-04-14 22:45:40 UTC
Post by SnakeACP45
I think if you want to get technical about it, Warren's last full band show was
Oct 30, 2002. He was backed up by the CBS Orchestra, Paul Shaffer conducting,
and a string section.
Well, perhaps that was technically more of an appearance than a show.
There's nothing like the experience of heading home with about 15 or 20
just-performed Zevon songs jangling around in your head. Fortunately for us,
because of technology, we don't have to rely on just our memories to relive
those experiences.
SnakeACP45
2004-04-15 02:21:47 UTC
Post by Howard Roseman
Well, perhaps that was technically more of an appearance than a show.
There's nothing like the experience of heading home with about 15 or 20
just-performed Zevon songs jangling around in your head. Fortunately for us,
because of technology, we don't have to rely on just our memories to relive
those experiences.
Agreed. But I just knew some smartass was going to bring up the last Letterman
appearance, and I wanted that smartass to be me. (...and told me it was
him....)
Howard Roseman
2004-04-15 04:59:26 UTC
Post by SnakeACP45
Agreed. But I just knew some smartass was going to bring up the last Letterman
appearance, and I wanted that smartass to be me. (...and told me it was
him....)
Speaking of which, I noticed in the BB a while back they were discussing the
always-intriguing interpretation of "Someone should have stopped the fight
and told me. It was him."

I've revealed my interpretation by the punctuation.
Sandy S
2004-04-18 21:40:52 UTC
Post by Peter Huish
Trigger Happy Tour
07/26/2001 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore (2 cds)
07/28/2001 Seattle, WA - King Cat Theater (2 cds)
Okay--I'm in the mood. I have the above concerts and I'm offering. The
Seattle is better quality, but the Fillmore isn't bad, either. I also have a
really nice Leonard Cohen (thank you B!) from 5-21-93, Zurich, (2 cds).

As always, it would be nice if somebody would/could reoffer...but I won't
leave the unable or unwilling out of this offer. Trades are welcome, too ;-)

I'll do up to 9 concerts--I can do more Zevons if nobody picks the Cohen,
but you are missing a good concert.

Sandy
w***@gmail.com
2015-09-06 10:27:21 UTC