News from Jordan re Re-Issues
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-05-19 18:49:04 UTC
Cheryl, who worked on the Preludes box when it was a Rhino project
that ended up being squashed because of Rhino's lame legal team at the
time, is now the VP over there and she's hell bent on getting all of
Dad's records back into the market as well as a two disc collectors
edition of the first album which is almost done and a box set of
outtakes from the Excitable Boy years. <<

Amazon's got MBE listed with a June 10 release date.

No bonus tracks mentioned, but that doesn't mean they won't be on there...

-- Lucy
Iain

-- Lucy
MFalc1
2008-05-20 05:50:11 UTC
�>> Cheryl, who worked on the Preludes box when it was a Rhino project
that ended up being squashed because of Rhino's lame legal team at the
time, is now the VP over there and she's hell bent on getting all of
Dad's records back into the market as well as a two disc collectors
edition of the first album which is almost done and a box set of
outtakes from the Excitable Boy years. <<
Amazon's got MBE listed with a June 10 release date.
No bonus tracks mentioned, but that doesn't mean they won't be on there...
� �-- Lucy
Saw that Amazon's buy-two-at-the-same-time link included MUTINEER, so
I'm guessing it's being reissued too.

Mark L. Falconer-film and video links at
http://hometown.aol.com/mfalc1/links.html
Joanne Corsano
2008-05-20 22:34:28 UTC
I wonder why track 3 is listed as "Citizen, Model". That's weird.

-Joanne

at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Joanne Corsano
2008-05-20 22:38:58 UTC
Post by MFalc1
Saw that Amazon's buy-two-at-the-same-time link included MUTINEER, so
I'm guessing it's being reissued too.
'Mutineer' has sound samples on Amazon's site, all of which are listed
as "album version." What other version of the 'Mutineer' songs is
there?

-Joanne

Post by MFalc1
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-05-21 00:19:53 UTC
Post by Joanne Corsano
Post by MFalc1
Saw that Amazon's buy-two-at-the-same-time link included MUTINEER, so
I'm guessing it's being reissued too.
'Mutineer' has sound samples on Amazon's site, all of which are listed
as "album version." What other version of the 'Mutineer' songs is
there?
-Joanne
There *was* a "single" of Rottweiler Blues & Poisonous Lookalike, but I
doubt Amazon knew that. <shrug>

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2008-05-21 12:16:40 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
There *was* a "single" of Rottweiler Blues & Poisonous Lookalike, but I
doubt Amazon knew that. <shrug>
-- Lucy
Hmmm .... *I* didn't know that .... were they different from the album
version?

And when you say single with quotes, do you refer to a CD single, as
opposed to a good ol' 45 RPM 7 inch? I don't think 'Mutineer' even
came out on vinyl ... did it?

-Joanne

Post by Lucy Pfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Lucy Pfeffa
2008-05-21 19:37:27 UTC
Post by Joanne Corsano
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
There *was* a "single" of Rottweiler Blues & Poisonous Lookalike, but I
doubt Amazon knew that. <shrug>
-- Lucy
Hmmm .... *I* didn't know that .... were they different from the album
version?
And when you say single with quotes, do you refer to a CD single, as
opposed to a good ol' 45 RPM 7 inch? I don't think 'Mutineer' even
came out on vinyl ... did it?
-Joanne
Yeah, "single" means CD. ;-) The last grooved vinyl was MBE and that
was only released abroad. The last one the US got was Transverse City.
(except for the audiophile edition of The Wind).

Vicki found an article in Goldmine that listed an almost complete
discography, so I stole it for the "Encyclopedia Zevonica" on the WZBB -
so, while I can state there was a single off Mutineer, I never heard it.

-- Lucy
Joanne Corsano
2008-05-22 18:22:34 UTC
Post by Lucy Pfeffa
so, while I can state there was a single off Mutineer, I never heard it.
I would be interested to know if it's the same version. If it were,
you'd think they'd put it as a bonus track if they reissue 'Mutineer,'
too. But I suspect it's likely to be the same as the album version.

I think the only Zevon CD single I have is "Hit Somebody," which I
bought simply because it came out before the album.

-Joanne

Post by Lucy Pfeffa
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<